Give the Gift of a Healthy Home!

The gift everyone needs

Seeking a truly unique gift during the holidays? Give the gift of a healthy home. RTK is offering gift certificates for environmental inspections. Even the most hard to please on your list will appreciate your thoughtfulness when you give them this gift. With exposure to so many toxins in our daily lives, it is increasingly important to ensure that the environment we are living in is a safe place.

Why would anyone need a healthy home inspection?

More than 80% of all homes contain at least one environmental toxin: mold, lead, asbestos, contaminated water, radon, and indoor air pollution. Potentially, all of those can seriously impact health. As most of us already invest time and money on being healthy – gym memberships, organic food – why wouldn’t we take the next step and make sure that our homes also are contributing to our overall wellness?

A necessary part of wellness, especially for children

Having a healthy home is important, especially if you have children. Authorities such as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency warn that children are more vulnerable than adults to environmental toxins and their potential health risks:

  • Infants who live in homes that contain mold are three times more likely to develop asthma by age seven, according to studies;
  • Lead poisoning is shown to cause autism-like symptoms, ADHD, brain damage, lower IQ, and a host of other physical and mental issues;
  • Poor indoor air quality is shown to increase allergies and asthma, and can cause headaches, fatigue, skin rashes, dizziness, and other ailments;
  • The water you use every day for drinking and bathing may be contaminated with bacteria, metal from pipes, arsenic that naturally occurs in groundwater, radon, pesticides, and more. These indoor pollutants can cause a host of issues, including gastrointestinal illness, reproductive problems, and neurological disorders;
  • Outside your home, your soil might be harboring contaminants, including PCBs, radon, asbestos and lead, which easily can be ingested or inhaled by you or your child through play or hand-to-mouth contact, and can cause a variety of symptoms from diarrhea and skin rashes to blood vessel damage.
  • Radon gas is the leading cause of lung cancer deaths in the United States among non-smokers. It is present in nearly eight million homes.

With all of these factors looming, take the first step towards a healthy home by getting an RTK Environmental Inspection Gift Certificate for someone you love. Gift certificates come in increments of $100, $250, $500 and $1,000. For more information, call (800) 392-6468 or visit RTK only performs testing and not remediation, so test results are accurate and unbiased. Happy Holidays and all the best for a Healthy 2019!

RTK Gift Certificate

Past exposure to lead may be to blame for over 400,000 deaths in the United States every year (The Lancet Public Health.)

Please follow and like us:

How RTK Environmental Group keeps you safe while we’re in your home or workplace.

Watch Video Below