With a new baby on the way, a homeowner contacted ABC’s Good Morning America to test the indoor air in the baby’s nursery. The homeowner and reporter were both shocked when they learned the results of the indoor air quality test. Take a look:
Many common household items contain harmful volatile organic compounds–more commonly referred to as “VOCs”–that are harmful to your health.
We’ve shared a list of common household items that can produce VOCs, causing unhealthy indoor air pollution. Find it here.
Americans spend 90% of their time indoors, so it’s a good idea to learn how and when to test your home. Read about specific kinds of products responsible for omitting VOCs here.