Suffering from allergies, headaches, fatigue, or cold/flu like symptoms? It may actually be indoor air pollution. Indoor air can be 100 times more polluted than outside air. 90% of indoor air quality issues are caused by high levels of VOCs and unhealthy levels of mold spores.
VOCs are toxic vapors that are off-gassed from man-made materials, and everyday household (and workplace) items. VOCs cause poor indoor air quality, commonly referred to as “indoor air pollution.” Did you know that the air indoors can be 5x more polluted than the air outside? VOCs can be very dangerous to your health and can be toxic.
Where are VOCs found?
- Scented candles
- Dry cleaning and laundry detergents
- Cleaning and disinfecting chemicals
- Air fresheners
- Cosmetics and toiletries
- Vinyl, such as shower curtains or tile
- Moth balls
- Composite wood products, like furniture and cabinets
- Bedding and pillows
- Photocopiers and printers
- Sealing caulk
- Wood-burning stoves
- Yes, even that new car smell!
If you think you may have an indoor air quality issue, call us to schedule a test or to speak with one of our trained experts.