Poor IAQ Symptoms
What is a Volatile Organic Compound, or VOC?
If you’ve been feeling sick without explanation or without a known cause, have your indoor air tested for VOCs (volatile organic compounds). Here’s why: VOCs are toxic vapors that are off-gassed from man-made materials, and everyday household and workplace items. VOCs cause poor indoor air quality, commonly referred to as “indoor air pollution.” VOCs can be very dangerous to your health and can be toxic.
What are the common symptoms of VOC Exposure?
- Fatigue and listlessness
- Difficulty concentrating
- Allergic skin reaction
- Nose and throat discomfort
- Difficulty breathing
What are the effects of long-term exposure to VOCs?
- Kidney damage
- Liver damage
- Central Nervous System damage
What are the most common VOCs?
If you are suffering from any of these symptoms and do not know why, schedule an indoor air quality test today. We can help you determine whether the cause of your illness is your environment, and help you to feel better so that you can live well.
Schedule an Indoor Air Quality Test Today: 800-392-6468
- How safe is the air inside your home?
- Find out when to test
- Learn about the RTK approach to Indoor Air Quality, VOCs, and Radon
- About our Commercial Indoor Air Quality and Radon testing
- Dust Characterization
- VOC Resource Guide