How RTK Handles Lead
Our lead inspectors, risk assessors, and planners are licensed in the State of New York and Connecticut.
We will :
- Conduct X-ray fluorescence (XRF) lead-paint testing to identify the amount of lead present in painted or sealed surfaces in your home
- Provide lead dust, water, and soil sampling to determine if other sources of lead are present on your property
- Provide a detailed report and then discuss your specific options
- Write a lead abatement plan, if requested, for the third-party lead abatement firm that you select
Our goal is to assist you in understanding and correcting your lead issues from start to finish. Since our practice is strictly limited to environmental testing and consulting — and never abatement — you’re assured of an accurate and unbiased assessment.
A word of caution: Removing or disturbing lead-painted surfaces improperly can increase the hazard to your family, because lead dust can be spread around the house. Use only contractors and professionals certified in lead-safe work practices, who follow strict safety rules when working with lead.
Call us at 1-800-392-6468 to schedule a lead inspection or to learn more about our abatement planning services.
- What causes lead poisoning?
- Find out when to test
- About our Commercial lead testing
- Lead poisoning symptoms