About Indoor Mold

Mold testing new york There are more than 100,000 different types of molds, including black mold and toxic varieties. Mold affects health by releasing spores into the air to seed new colonies. When inhaled mold spores can cause chronic allergies, headaches, fatigue, skin rashes, throat and eye irritations, wheezing, and many respiratory problems.

Mold spores are present in nearly every home. They enter your home through windows or air conditioners, or are carried indoors on your shoes and clothing. Once inside, spores need only two things to colonize: a source of moisture and something to feed on. Your home has plenty of both. If there is trapped moisture, a leaky pipe, or a flooded basement or bathroom, mold is able to feed on carpets, wood, fabrics, and other common materials. It takes less than 24 hours to establish a new colony.

Toxic molds, commonly referred to as black mold, are more dangerous than ordinary molds because their spores contain poisonous mycotoxins. In concentrated amounts, mycotoxins can cause skin blistering, nosebleeds, asthma symptoms, or chest pains, among other things. In extreme situations, they can even cause shock and death. To be safe and to protect your family, hire a mold specialist professional to locate and identify the mold in your New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut home. RTK Environmental Group inspectors are ACAC certified microbial investigators and hold the New York State license.

Schedule a test at 800.392.6468.

Mold problems are not limited to states with high humidity and have led to various school closings throughout the country. Addressing mold problems proactively is the most successful and cost-effective way to manage them. (EPA)

How RTK Environmental Group keeps you safe while we’re in your home or workplace.

Send us a message using the form below