How RTK Handles Soil Testing
If you think you might have environmental hazards in your soil, we can help. Our professionals can test for various environmental hazards, including lead, asbestos, radon and PCBs, hazards that can affect your health and the health of your loved ones.
Soil contamination can come from a variety of sources, both above and below the ground. Contaminants can be easily transferred to children, pets, and more. When should you test your soil?
- When moving into a new home;
- If a neighbor has undergone renovation of an older home without following taking proper containment protocol;
- Before you plant a vegetable garden;
- If you have experienced flooding from a storm;
- If you use compost from a public source.
Because RTK’s business is limited to testing and consulting, and not remediation, you can be confident our assessment will be unbiased and accurate. Our goal is to identify the hazards in your soil; then you hire the remediation firm. We can return afterwards to certify that the job was done correctly and suggest ways to keep the problem from cropping up again.
Call us at 1-800-392-6468.