Mold is everywhere in our environment – which means it’s in your home and office. And the sooner you opt for mold removal or mold remediation, the better.

But the all-important first step that is often overlooked is to hire a professional mold testing service to examine your property. Although it’s true that some mold can be seen – black marks on walls, white blotchy marks on upholstered furniture – many of the hundreds of thousands of mold species are invisible, hiding behind walls, under floors and in your ceilings.

Experts always recommend testing for mold whenever your home suffers from water damage, from an event as catastrophic as a flood to a leaking pipe in your kitchen sink. But it’s also wise to have your home tested for mold, even if you have never had any water damage. Just a week of humid days can start mold growing. Smart property owners consider a professional mold test a baseline exam to determine if your home has mold, and if so, to pinpoint where.

Toxic mold can take hold within 24 hours after any unwanted moisture enters a home. When inhaled, mold spores can cause chronic allergies, headaches, fatigue, skin rashes, throat and eye irritations, wheezing, and many respiratory problems including asthma.

“Getting your home tested for mold now can save you big headaches later,” says Robert Weitz, a certified microbial investigator. “Most people wait months, long after a mold infestation has taken root, before they deal with the problem. Once this happens, repairs are often extensive and very expensive. I’ve seen people who had to leave their homes for extended periods while these problems were being remedied.”

Click here or call 800.392.6468 to schedule a professional mold inspection by RTK’s certified microbial mold inspectors.

Past exposure to lead may be to blame for over 400,000 deaths in the United States every year (The Lancet Public Health.)

Please follow and like us:

How RTK Environmental Group keeps you safe while we’re in your home or workplace.

Watch Video Below